Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sparking Iced Tea by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf

There is no doubt that I am Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf's fan. From their drinks, food, powdered drinks, ambiance, excellent customer service, their "light up buzzer when your drink is ready" gadget and now they have sparkling iced tea too!? They never cease to amaze me.

 I can't say the same about their tumblers though. If they could get that tiny thing right. I need not another coffee shop... not until there comes a new place with a better sense of style. For me CBTL is a "classy coffee shop". Makes me feel like all "grown up", NOT!!

Well I heard from a friend that CBTL has a great iced tea. I immediately asked if it were from CBTL Coffee Shop, but it wasn't. No wonder I haven't seen it yet. It was from Family Mart. I for some reason haven't seen one 'til that fateful day in UP Town Center.

Family Mart is no where near the places I thrive at. Even if they have 32 outlets here in the Philippines (felt sad that I haven't seen one til now). When I came up to the refrigerator, I saw that there were several CBTL drinks. I was yearning for the iced tea. There are 3 flavors. I had no idea which flavor is good or which is bad. Since it was just P51.00 each, I gambled and took all 3 because I had no idea when I would be seeing another Family Mart again.


With a set back of P153.00. I was hoping that at least one of it was good. At the top of my head I was expecting that it would taste like tea that is iced. You know what I am talking about. But I was so relieved that it wasn't. It was just like my favorite Nestea drink but better. Iced tea that doesn't taste like tea, my kind of iced tea.

Well for now at least I know where 1 Family Mart stands and it is at UP Town Center. I am kinda digging that place a lot. I will definitely come back there to try out their other restaurants.

 Family Mart is just like our everyday convenience store. But I felt like it has a little bit more class to our usual 7-11. The food selection is better, chocolates are better, hell everything is better! They even have stuffed toys! Just like your everyday convenience store, you can expect that the prices are a little bit higher than in our local supermarkets. For the sophistication they offer, it's a little price to pay.

I think if I would be craving for this (which I already am), I would have a hard time since Family Mart is on the other side of my planet.

So here we are with their 3 amazing flavors. They all have BLACK TEA as their base.

  • Berries
  • Apple
  • Lemon



I was excited to try them all out. My first choice was CBTL's Apple flavored sparkling iced tea. It was amazing! Reminded me a lot of Cali. Smells and tastes like it too.

I remember when I was a kid, we all thought that Cali would get your drunk (I know what you are thinking. DONT JUDGE!) Lol. Seriously, come to think of it. Who even thought of that?!? Kids!

The apple flavoured iced tea has the least Calories amongst the 3. It contains 104 Cal/ 325mL.


The second thing I tried was the berries. From the looks of it I am assuming it is strawberry flavoured, but the bottled version of it has a raspberry photo on it. But the can ingredients list says that natural berry flavouring were used. So I am assuming that there are other berries mixed into it. I have no idea what are the specific, but the combination is really good! Its got a sweet aroma to it when you open the can.

I love berry drinks. Blueberries, gogi berries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, mixed berries, all the berries. They are good for our health and just because.

The berries sparkling iced tea has 110 Cal/325 mL



Last but not least. The lemon. Among the 3, lemon has the most Calories of all. It contains 114 Cal/325 mL can.

I have always loved Nestea's Lemon iced tea. I grew up with it and I can't get enough of it when I start. It was great that CBTL has made not just a lemon iced tea, but a sparkling lemon iced tea. It has just the right amount of "lemon" in it. Not too strong, not too weak. We all have grown up with Nestea and Lipton iced tea. It's good to know that there are others who are stepping up to the market for a change.



These Sparkling iced tea's are from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Malaysia. It is made there too. It is one of the products launched last 2013. Along with 3 other non-sparkling drinks. I love that the Malaysian market is slowly reaching for us. I hope their other creations would reach us soon!

The 3 flavors are great! But my favourite would have to be the BERRIES! Do tell me which one is yours if you get the chance to! I would love to hear from you guys!

If you are curious and are as lost as I am as to where you can find Family Mart, I have copied a list of their branches for you from their facebook page : Family Mart Ph

There are also tons of other stuff at Family Mart that you don't find in our local supermarkets. It is worth the trip! I'ld know because I will be going back there soon. Hopefully!

Here is the list of their branches :
  1. GLORIETTA 3 G/F SPACE # 116 GLORIETTA 3 MAKATI CITY 625-0811
  2. AYALA MRT 2/F AYALA MRT STATION 3 MAKATI CITY 625-5811
  3. GLORIETTA 5 GF SPACE # 134 GLORIETTA 5 MAKATI CITY 625-0924
  4. EXCHANGE REGENCY G/F UNIT R1 THE EXCHANGE REGENCY PROPERTYCOR. MERALCO AVE & JADE DRIVE ORTIGAS CENTER PASIG CITY 211-8457
  5. ALCO BLDG G/F ALCO BLDG. 391 SEN. GIL PUYAT MAKATI CITY 954-1585
  6. THE DISTRICT G/F UNIT 109 THE DISTRICT AYALA MALL IMUS CAVITE 046-543-0488
  7. DELA ROSA  1 DELA ROSA CARPARK 1 DELA ROSA ST. LEGASPI VILLAGE  MAKATI CITY 211-3340
  8. GLOBAL ONE  G/F RETAIL GLOBAL ONE BLDG. EASTWOOD CITY CYBERPARK, 188 E RODRIGUEZ JR. AVE. BAGUMBAYAN QC. 955-2116
  9. METROPOINT MALL STALL # 209-210, 2ND FLR. METROPOINT MALL EDSA COR. TAFT AVE. PASAY CITY 211-3290   
  10. SCIENCE HUB RETAIL 1A SCIENCE HUB TOWER 3 MCKINLEY HILL FORT BONIFACIO  TAGUIG CITY 955-2117 
  11. ALPHALAND G/F ALPHALAND SOUTHGATE  MALL EDSA COR. PASONG TAMO ST. MAKATI CITY 508-3912
  12. UP TOWN CENTER G/F SPACE #A108  UP TOWN CENTER QUEZON CITY 904-7672 / 0916-2510126 (Temporary No.)
  13. THE GRAND MIDORI G/F UNIT G12 THE GRAND MIDORI LEGASPI ST. LEGASPI VILLAGE MAKATI CITY 215-8198 / 09175667405 temporay No.
  14. RICHBELT TOWER G/F UNIT 102 RICHBELT TOWER ANNAPOLIS ST. SAN JUAN 586-8339 / 0917-5667916 temporary no.
  15. CALTEX NORTH AVE CALTEX COMMERCIAL CENTER NORTH AVENUE, BRGY. BAGONG PAG-ASA QUEZON CITY 0917-5667579 / 5069129 (Temporary No.)   
  16. ETON EMERALD COMMERCIAL UNIT 3, G/F ETON EMERALD LOFT GARNET ST. CORNER F. ORTIGAS AVE.  ORTIGAS CENTER, PASIG CITY 955-1631
  17. PEARL PLAZA  8101 PEARL PLAZA BLDG. PEARL DRIVE ORTIGAS CENTER PASIG CITY 730-3736
  18. MARANAW PLAZA UNIT 14 G/F MARANAW PLAZA, 187 EPIFANIO DELOS SANTOS AVE., BGY. WACK-WACK, GREENHILLS EAST, MANDALUYONG CITY
  19. FAIRWAY RESIDENCES FAIRWAYS RESIDENCES CAPITOL HILLS COR. ALPHA DRIVE QUEZON CITY
  20. GLOBAL ENTERPRISE G/F GLOBAL ENTERPRISE BLDG. H.V. DELA COSTA ST. SALCEDO VILLAGE, MAKATI CITY    
  21. THE DISTRICT DASMARINAS G/F SPACE 11, 29, 30 THE DISTRICT DASMARINAS MALL A, MOLINO, DASMARINAS, CAVITE
  22. MAKATI BEL AIRE G/F MAKATI BEL AIR APARTMENT P. BURGOS CORNER KALAYAAN AVENUE MAKATI CITY
  23. DELA ROSA  CARPARK 3RD LEVEL 3RD FLR. DELA ROSA CARPARK 1 BLDG. 3RD FLR WALKWAY MAKATI CITY
  24. THE LINDEN SUITES G/F  LINDEN SUITES SAN MIGUEL AVE. ORTIGAS CENTER PASIG CITY
  25. ANONAS LRT CITY CENTER LG/F UNIT 7 ANONAS LRT CITY CENTER, AURORA BLVD. & ANONAS ST. PROJECT 3, QUEZON CITY
  26. UP TECHNOHUB SPACE 132 C G/F UP TECHNOHUB QUEZON CITY
  27. TUSCANY G/F TUSCANY PRIVATE ESTATE RA-RAM & RB-RBN BLDG, UPPER MCKINLEY ROAD, MCKINLEY HILL, FORT BONIFACIO, TAGUIG CITY
  28. 500 SHAW ZENTRUM G/F UNIT-14 500 SHAW ZENTRUM, SHAW BOULEVARD cor. S. LAUREL ST., BRGY PLEASANT HILLS, MANDALUYONG CITY
  29. ONE CENTRAL G/F ONE CENTRAL BLDG. H.V. DELA COSTA STREET CORNER GERONIMO ST. MAKATI CITY
  30. BF HOMES G/F UNIT 1 CMSR BUILDING, #88 PRESIDENT'S AVE., BRGY. BF HOMES, PARANAQUE CITY
  31. ABS CBN G/F STALL 21, ELJ COMMUNICATIONS CENTER, QUEZON CITY
  32. ARLINGTON G/F ARLINGTON MEMORIAL CHAPEL & CREMATORY, G. ARANETA AVENUE, QUEZON CITY.
Never stop sparkling and always reach for the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...