Monday, January 20, 2014

Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream by Blue Bell

If I could go on a diet.
  • I can let go of my junk food stash. 
  • I can let go of meat (maybe). 
  • I can let go of rice. 
  • I can let go of soft drinks.
I can let go of everything EXCEPT ICE CREAM. That is literally my soft spot, that's what my soft spot is made of.

If there would be a thing that would let me know that I am my mother's child. It is that we love ice cream. Ice cream's don't stand a chance in our house. It will be gone before you even notice it.

If there is one thing we agree on, it is definitely good ice cream. My mother alone can finish a half gallon in a day's time. I am not kidding! Give her whipped cream and waffle cone. You will be wishing you ate some before you even showed the container to her.

One thing I love about Robinson's Magnolia is that, it is the mall that keeps on giving! I have found so many treats there that it feel like I have been exploring another planet. From great ramen places, to new boutiques, to top it off it has A LOT of good ice cream parlors.

I have been freezing these past few days because of the unusually cold weather here in Manila. Thank God! Even if it sounds like I am complaining(because I am) I am still enjoying the cold weather at the same time. But even if I feel cold, I can never complain that an ice cream is too cold! There is no such thing. I love ice cream. Just not melted ice cream ok? :)

If I would be left on an island and asked what food I can take. I would ask for an ice cream, not just an ice cream but a complete factory that can make ice creams. Can I ask for that? If I could. I am not so sure about what ice cream flavors I can make. I bet it would only be coconut ice creams. Not unless there would be miracle trees growing, I would not be able to make the best of my wish.

We got there a little later than usual, so we decided to just do the groceries. Whenever entering the magical boarders of supermarkets. The first thing I look for are the ice cream freezers. I know it would be silly for some, what could I be expecting? It would always just be the usual ice creams. But surprise surprise!!!! Robinson's Magnolia's supermarket has a different ice cream freezer! All those ice cream freezer stalking paid off!




You might have been there, but you might not have noticed because it was in between the produce, vegetables and rice bags. But in ruins lies treasures! My kind of treasure. Not gold silly! But ice cream!

I like ice cream. If there is no such thing as diabetes. I would probably eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Blood wouldn't be blood, but it will be melted ice cream flowing through..

There didn't use to be this much flavors. That is why we all love innovations. I have been gah-gah over Red Velvet. Be it in cake, drinks, cookies, whatever! We all love blanks in one right? Like 2 in 1, 3 in 1. So if you have to make your own in ones. What would it be?

I cannot imagine that the world would be so kind to me! They have turned 2 of my favorite things into one.

RED VELVET + ICE CREAM = BLUE BELL LOVE! 

It doesn't look so appealing here because it melted a little on the way home and refroze again.


Here is the front view of the delectable Blue Bell's Red Velvet Cake. The red is so red! It was the first thing I noticed inside the freezer since its color was just screaming "LOOK AT ME!!"

Sorry for the ugly nails :)

The are like chunks of Red Velvet Cake inside! While my sister-in-law was watching me eat. She said that my nose trills were flaring up. Good thing there's no photo evidence or else it would have been the death of me. Sounds "nakaka-ulol". But I feel like I looked like an idiot during my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th scoop. You get it. Yeah, I did the crazy face the whole time I was eating it! But it was just so damn good! Can I say that here? Anyway..


My mother was actually skeptical about the ice cream. I was holding the ice cream tub like a baby, so I guess she pitied me. It was just P250.00 so if it was bad, it's not hard to throw it away. True, we have never tried Blue Bell before. So, I was kinda praying that it will be good. Or she would shuv it down my throat. It was the 1st that I have noticed Blue Bell. I am not even sure if other Robinson's supermarket has this. They have several potentials there and I am definitely coming back for more! Right after this tub.

My mom even told me that the cashier was already closed to prevent me from buying another ice cream since I still had one in the freezer at home. But my sad big baby gesture was absorbed and so we have this post today! THANKS MA!!!

Here is a sneak peak of Blue Bell's Freezer!



If you can't see the photo well. Some of the flavors available at Robinsons Magnolia's Supermarket are : (Pint size : P250.00) (Half pint : P140.00)
  • Cookies n' Cream
  • Krazy Cookie Dough
  • Moo-llenium Crunch
  • Banana Pudding
  • Butter Crunch
  • Banana Split
  • Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla
  • Strawberry
  • Red Velvet Cake (Of course!)
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  • Rocky Mountain Road
We all know there is more. There must be more. So, I did a little digging and found a copy of their available flavors from their website Blue Bell Ice Cream Philippines. But I don't think that all branches would have the same stocks, and not all branches would have all the flavors at once. But just to wrap your minds around it.

Half Pints

  • Butter Crunch
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  • Cookies ’n Cream
  • Dutch Chocolate
  • Homemade Vanilla
  • Mint Chocolate Chip

Pints

  • Banana Pudding
  • Banana Split
  • Butter Crunch
  • Buttered Pecan
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter
  • Cookies ’n Cream
  • Cotton Candy
  • Dutch Chocolate
  • Homemade Vanilla
  • Krazy Kookie Dough
  • Mint Chocolate Chip
  • Moo-llennium Crunch
  • Red Velvet Cake
  • Rocky Mountain Road
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla
  • Strawberry
  • Ultimate Neapolitan

Half Gallons

  • Blueberry Cheesecake
  • Butter Crunch
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  • Christmas Cookies
  • Coffee
  • Homemade Vanilla
  • Krazy Kookie Dough
  • Light Homemade Vanilla
  • Moo-llennium Crunch®
  • No Sugar Added Country Vanilla
  • Red Velvet Cake
  • Rocky Mountain Road
  • Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla
  • Ultimate Neapolitan

Single-Serve Snacks

  • Almond Bar
  • Chocolate Chip Country Cookie
  • Cookies 'n Cream Sandwich
  • Country Cone, Vanilla
  • Country Cone, Cookies ’n Cream
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Neapolitan Sandwich

Their pint size is cheap for an imported ice cream for me. Since Haagen-daz is no longer with us. This could be the next best thing. I miss Haagen-daz a lot, since it has been my walking buddy every time I am in Shangri-La Plaza.

I never noticed Blue Bell before but it's out there more than I thought. In different cities too.

Cebu City


  • Robinsons Banilad Town Center
  • Rustans Ayala
  • Rustans Banawa
  • Gaisano One Pavilion
  • Gaisano Country Mall
  • Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
  • Waterfront Lahug
  • Moon Cafe (IT Park)
  • Sweet Surprises
  • Hi Mart
  • H Mart
  • Islands and More at BE Resort
  • Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort and Spa
  • Texas Creamery (Ayala Center Cebu)

Boracay


  • Budget Mart

Metro Manila


  • Robinsons Supermarket-Eastwood
  • Robinsons Supermarket-Z Square Mall, Banawe, Quezon City
  • Robinsons Supermarket BF Paranaque
  • Robinsons Supermarket Ermita
  • Robinsons Supermarket Magnolia
  • DEC Chinese Deli-Wilson St., San Juan
  • Pioneer Center Supermarket

South Luzon


  • Robinsons Supermarket-Nuvali
  • Robinsons Supermarket-Tagaytay City

Tubs are not only for baths. It's for Ice Creams too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...