Thursday, March 6, 2014

NOW BREWING : TULLY'S Iced Green Tea Latte

I am a crazy Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf lady and somehow I have slightly outgrown the Starbucks freak in me (but I am still hooked in just enough to still collect their cute tumblers. I swear, no person in their right mind can stay away from their collector boggling stuffs and freebies!).

If you ask me what is their best drink is, I would say "Green Tea Frappe" without a doubt. It is the best for me! (Well aside from my precious Red Velvet drink from CBTL of course!) It is the only choice when I am at Starbucks. Especially when I was still in college. That is my go to drink, be it in the early morning or late at night.

I am crazy about everything green tea! Be it a frapped, iced, chocolate, cookies, ice cream, cupcake? (is there any? If you know of a place that has green tea cupcakes, please tell me!), etc..

Come to think of it, I have no idea how this madness started. Hmmm..

So we tried out Archery last week and I was really exhausted after all the crappy shooting I did. I was super dehydrated from stress because I couldn't seem to hit the bullseye! I am really starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my eye, or I just really don't have the talent. Anyway.

I wanted to have a cold drink to take the stress away. It was a good thing there was a TULLY'S COFFEE right around the corner from where we were.



I haven't been to Tully's, I wasn't even sure how to pronounce it.
Since it was the nearest place to have a drink, I went with it. Actually, I have seen Tully's before, I have seen it at Binondo, but it was located at the most awkward place to stop by, so I never had the chance.

First impression of the place. It is super refreshing, I loved the sunlight shining in! I actually wasn't really sure that all other coffee places are like this. I usually frequent Starbucks late at night or well at least the Starbucks I hang out at didn't have this much glass in the place. Haha! Or it might be that I am never out at this time of the day.



Yes, I am a vampire hybrid. Awake in the middle of the night, lurking around, looking for food. Asleep during daylight and most of the day. I really need to fix my life. I am actually writing this piece at 3:16 in the morning. Hohoho

Whatever reason it is, I love the ambiance of the place. It was bright, yet cozy. I also saw tons of food to choose from which makes the place even better!

They had this "CHAMPORADO COOKIES" which to me sounds really aweful. Who would mash together champorado and cookies?!

Champorado Cookies
P100
Well I am a big skeptic when it comes to things that don't sound appealing to me.

Surprisingly it was really good. Kind of addicting actually :) I am sorry for the unappealing photo. We were so hungry that we just chowed down on it immediately! I think it was P100, which is not bad at all.

I looked up the menu and I knew that I had to get something Green Tea related. I think I should start a "Crazy Green Tea Lady" tag in my blog. What do you think?

So I asked the ever so friendly Bren the Barista, "What green tea drink can you reccomend me?".

Without blinking, he said "Iced Green Tea Latte with Hazelnut and Soy Milk (P145 + 20 + 20)". 

I was like " Oooooh lala! Are you sure? Soy? Is it really a good idea? Is it really better than your Green Tea Frappe?". If you can just see what was on my brain that moment. You would end up with a big ERROR on your face.

He said yes, he was sure, it is all the BARISTA'S FAVORITE!

With that in mind, I trusted that it will be a winner!

True enough, it is really good! It didn't taste like grounded grass if that was what you are thinking. What he said was actually true! It did taste like MELTED GREEN TEA ICE CREAM!!!

Grande Iced Green Tea Latte
with
Soy Milk &
Hazelnut
If you like green tea as much as I do, you will definitely love it! So the next time you see Tully's, stop by and give it a try!

I am actually excited to go back to Tully's and give their Green Tea Frappe a go!

There actually isn't that much Tully's around yet, I will indicate at the bottom of this post as to where you can find them :)


For more information you can visit their website :Tully's Coffee Philippines

Like and follow them on Facebook : tullyscoffeephilippines

Follow and tag your photos to their twitter account : @tullysphils

Branches :
  • TAGUIG CITY : Ground Floor McKinley Park Residences, 31st Street corner 3rd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
  • PASIG CITY : Ground Floor The Exchange Regency, Jade Drive corner Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
  • QUEZON CITY: 2nd floor Skywalk, AliMall, Cubao, Quezon City
  • MANILA: Ground Floor, BPI Bldg., Plaza Lorenzo San Ruiz, Binondo
  • VALENZUELA: 304 MacArthur Highway, Karuhatan, Valenzuela City


Don't be a green eyed monster, except when drinking GREEN TEA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...