Saturday, August 17, 2013

Kumain parati sa MESA

     I think I am quite a picky person when it comes to food, but I think my dad beats me big time. It won't be often that you would hear him complement restaurants that they cook good food. So when my dad says that they cook good food. THEY DO! I was somewhere busy with my life when they first tried MESA at Tomas Morato. One day we were at Trinoma and he told me that he wants to eat at Mesa, so I teased him and said we always eat at mesa a.k.a at the table. There was a Mesa available at Trinoma but it is their sister company "La Mesa". We ate there and food was not bad. We ate there a couple of times. But whenever we go out, he would always want to eat at Mesa.

     At first glance, it looks like an expensive place to eat. Talk about ambiance. It seems like the perfect place to take your date, especially with that half circle table. I wanted to sit there but since there were 4 of us at that time, I had to sit at the normal table. Too bad! But what struck me most is that they have managed to make natural bamboo look pretty expensive. I took a seat and immediately took at the menu.





     After a long wait I am finally dining at MESA located in Tomas Morato. At the first glance of their menu the Shrimp with century egg & chilled tofu salad (P255.00) stood out. "MAMA!! We are ordering this." True enough the picture delivers. We all love it! There were 4 of us, and 8 pcs. of it, how I wish there was more because I think I can finish the plate myself. I was so bitin!

Shrimp with century egg & chilled tofu salad (P255.00)






Adobong Pusit (P250)

     Back in La Mesa (Trinoma), my dad kept looking for something pata like and crunchy, but the waiter said that they don't have it there. So I was like daddy, this maybe it! The boneless crispy pata (P550) is the one you are looking for. Yummy! But how do you eat crispy pata without rice? Here comes the bagoong rice (P150) it was also delicious and was enough for the 4 of us, it actually isn't good for 4 but we all claim that we are on a diet so we made it work.

 Boneless Crispy Pata (P550)


Bagoong Rice (P145)

     I am a dessert person. So, I always want dessert after a good meal, but I always end up too full. This time I can't help myself I know they have turon with langka and ice cream and that was that! I was surprised when it came! It looked and tasted different from the turon with ice cream from La Mesa, because it had a fried wanton as its wrapper. Full or not, everyone had a bite! and it was delicious :)


Turon with Langka and Ice Cream

     La Mesa from Trinoma and Mesa from Tomas Morato definitely have similar menu but not all. Mesa has more options and a sweet ambiance. I am definitely looking forward to my next visit to try their other menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...