Thursday, April 24, 2014

ICE CREAM + MACARON = Chez Karine

If there is one thing I love more than myself in this world (besides family of course!) it would be ice cream. Nothing makes me feel happier and more contented than a good ice cream on my spoon be it Haagen-Dazs or a mamang sorbetero's dirty ice cream.

I feel like I have been eating ice cream all my life, not sure if my mom craved ice cream when I was in her tummy, but this is what we have in common.

We/I find ice creams hard to resist, but I found it harder to resist this.

ICE CREAM + MACARON

SALTED CARAMEL ICE CREAM MACARON
P70
For starters I have never eaten a macaron (macaron macaron not this ice cream macaron) before this, so I had no idea what it tasted like. I've always thought that macaron and macaroons were one and the same (and I thought it both was made with coconut, apparently not!).

After a few articles on the internet, I wished that I knew this way back when. When my little eyes were closed back then and I hear the word macaron a few things go rushing through my head like :
  • "Why the h are they so expensive!?"
  • "Is it made of gold!?"
  • "What's the fuzz all about??"

I cannot see myself paying that much for these little things. (Even if I like to spend my money on the most non sense thing I see)

Hey hey hey!! Look what I've got
If you think this photo looked silly, it was actually sillier in person
Looked and felt like I was high but the not jail-able kind of high.
Apparently, the only thing that would make me jump the barrier was the word ICE CREAM. If this is what they have started with, I would have been into it long before!

At first bite, I loved it. I wanted to take a lot home and being the "usisyosa" kid that I am, I did ask if I can but sadly there was no way (for now).

(Please let it be temporary!-avftl)

I think it is because the ice cream would met into the softie macaron shell that I cannot take this home and also of course after melting in, the quality won't be the same anymore.

I was curious how long they have been operating and I was told that they have a branch in Serendra long before this one. Since I don't spend much time in Serendra, I didn't know of Chez Karine back then because the only thing in my mind when I go there is to go to Sonja's (when it was not everywhere). Too bad I've never noticed it before and thank God they opened up their 2nd branch in Sm Megamall's Mega Fashion Hall.


See all these pretty little monsters! Who knew they are packed with love and mushiness!

Since I loved their ice cream macaron, I decided to take a leap of faith and buy a box of their most eye catching flavors.

They had a ton of flavor to choose from but my favorite was their
RED VELVET MACARON!!
(Stay tuned for the post about it)

I have no idea when this red velvet madness will stop, but I am still totally into it.

CARAMEL FLEUR DE SEL
P130

I think it was a wrong move that I ordered this drink together with my ice cream macaron. Don't get me wrong it was great! But the flavor was understated because of the sweetness of the ice cream and macaron.
Or I should have drank this first before my ice cream.


Aside from their lovely macarons, they had other little baked goods like

  • Strawberry Jammies for P85
  • Salted Toffee for P85
  • Chocolate Sable P95 or P315
  • Blueberry Cream Cheese Pudding P110
  • Hokkaido Cupcakes for P70

You might think that the ice cream macaron stops at the SALTED CARAMEL, but no. THERE IS MORE!

STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM MACARON
P70

I seriously wasn't contented with one. It was tiny for my standards.

Chez Karine, please make me a giant ICE CREAM MACARON. I'ld even pay sa much as P300 for just one! Lol (I am serious).

It was awkward- a short and fat moment. The ice cream was fat, but the macaron was short. So when I bit into it, the guts moved to the other end. It was as if it was telling me not to eat it. Too bad brotha!


There were actually 4 flavors. Another one is this STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM MACARON! It was a little sour for my buds, but it was good. How can ice cream ever be bad?!


Goodies on the go, can you guess what's inside?


Newly opened Chez Karine branch in the ground floor of Sm Megamall's Mega Fashion Hall. I totally love their interior design. Macarons with umbrella!? How cute is that!

I love the window seats they had. It's a great place to sit and relax while watching other people stroll by. Kind of therapeutic in a way. You won't even notice how fast the time flies by.

It can end here but NO, there is another flavor you must hear of.

I had 2 flavors (some would be contented with one, but I am not them), I had to have more! I had to try their DARK CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM MACARON. I cannot let the moment pass. I cannot leave the place hungry for more (but I did because I cannot bring them home. aww ). The dark chocolate was the Michael Jordan of macarons! Whoever came up with this. You are brilliant!

DARK CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM MACARON
P70
SAY CHEESE FOR TAKE 3

There would have been a take 4 photo, but I wasn't so sure about the VANILLA BEAN. I love vanilla ice cream, but not so sure about the beans. There is something about beans. That I leave up to bean lovers to try.

I am not so sure if people would be spending P70 for a piece of this in this economy, but still I'ld say it is a must try!! Especially the SALTED CARAMEL.

It is perfect for the summer's hot weather. Just make sure you CONSUME IT IMMEDIATELY, I don't think it can tolerate the deteriorating weather outside or if I happen to see you I just might snag it out of your hands. Haha!

If you get to try any of it, tell me how you feel about it, was it good or not? :)

CHEZ KARINE PASTRIES MENU
*photo taken from their facebook page

CHEZ KARINE - DRINKS MENU
*photo taken from their facebook page
Branches :

  • Serendra (near Sonja's)
  • Sm Megamall Mega Fashion Hall : Ground floor

Don't forget to check out their :


MACARON NG MASAYANG BAKASYON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...