Saturday, November 30, 2013

Rosemarie's Red Velvet this, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Red Velvet that

ROSEMARIE'S

   
     It may be a little late, but since red velvet's are popping out everywhere! I can't help but give in. Even if I had no idea back then that there was cream cheese in it. I loved it the first time that I've tried it, or was it just my luck that my first red velvet cake was from Rosemarie's. Tasted nothing like cream cheese. I have been craving it like crazy ever since. I would even eat it like it was the last piece on Earth! Savoring every bite. Eating just 1 whole slice for 3 days. Talk about 'tipid-tipid'. The first thing I do when I reach the mall is purchase the cake because at one time they ran out of cake! BOOHOO. At one weekend I would buy 4 slices just for me for the in  coming week.
     Ever since then I have tasted quite a few red velvet's from different bakers, let me tell you this. Some of them are GROES! Really! I mean did they even taste test the thing before selling it?? Breaks my heart that they could even sell them at that rate.

     If you love Red Velvet Cake, I bring to you one of the world's yummier creation by ROSEMARIE'S. They have these perfectly baked fluffy, creamy red velvet! Every slice is heaven. For only P 85.00 per slice!

   
     What gave me a hard time at first is that they were available only on weekends, and in certain malls only. So I would really have to make it a point that I go to a mall where they are at. Now they have a permanent stall at Rockwell, Power Plant Mall, and soon to open in Katipunan. So right now they have weekend food bazaars at Robinson's Magnolia, East Wood Mall. You can also special order a whole cake if you like, but you would have to call ahead of time to let them know that you are getting one, and in which food bazaar you will pick it up :) They also have these super colorful macaroons and chocolate velvet cake. But I haven't tried them out yet. I am sincerely wondering why these pretty macaroons are so expensive! Has anyone have any idea? Or maybe it just isn't for me that is why I find them not worth the money. Now that it Friday, go catch them at the mall nearest you.

COFFEE BEAN AND TEA LEAF

     OK, So let us go to another Red Velvet creation. Since I was craving for Rosemarie's red velvet cake but had no access to one. I settled for a cake alternative which turned out pretty good. We passed by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at Resorts World where I always order their Ice Blended Matcha Green Tea Frappe! for the regular cup it is P155.00 and P175.00 for the large cup. 

     I always thought that the swirl card was only good for free internet, but it didn't occur to me that the card possesses reward points power. Oooh the points that have gone to waste. I barely go to Starbucks anymore, of all the moments, right when they have launched their Starbucks reward card.

     Anyway, going back to CBTL I saw that they had a Red Velvet Frappe! The joy I felt! The anticipation! BTW!! I find it so cool that they have the little round thingy that buzzes you when your drink/food is ready! No more waiting to hear your name called out loud. Not that I don't love my name, but when the place is jammed pack with people and you can hardly hear yourself think.


     So the first sign that the buzzer is alive, I stood up and took my drink from the counter and slowly placed the purple straw in. Took a sip, and it tasted like liquid gold! The googly eyes I made. Cost around P165.00 for the regular cup and P185.00 for the large.

Ice Blended Red Velvet Frappe (Large-P185.00)

If you want to make your own Red Velvet drink at home. You have 2 options.
  • They have a holiday treat for their Red Velvet Powder it comes with a free large cup for only P599.00
  • You can also purchase their TRIO which has your red velvet, white chocolate, and double chocolate for only P999.00
     The Red Velvet Frappe looked pinkish. In my head it was suppose to be reddish. It was great but it could have been better with a little more flavor. Next time I get one, I would ask the Barista for more flavor pls.

Swirl Card


     I was standing in front of the cashier when I noticed the 2 vintage card design that they have. I love everything retro. The cards are so cute one is with the couple having a drink and the other has a blue Volkswagen Beetle near the coffee shop. I felt like since I seem to be frequenting CBTL more and more. It occurred to me that it would be a good idea to purchase a Swirl Card.

     When I was in school and data plan was in nonexistence, it would have been great to be sitting there are doing some progress with papers and all that. I wish there was CBTL in UST. So YEY for CBTL Swirl Card. Thank you for the free internet access for only P195.00. Starbucks really needs to do this! Come on Starbucks, would it kill you to give people access to the internet for free!? Business is at an all time high, it would just be your spare change. 

     But another thing i love about this card is the reward points

  • for every P100.00 you spend you get 5 points = 5 peso 
     You can use these points for an upgrade or you can accumulate your points and use it to pay for your next purchase. But the best thing about this card is that you don't need to renew your card yearly and pay another fee because it is good for a LIFETIME, not unless you loose your card. In which case, if ever you do loose your card and you happen to remember your card number. They can use your reward points to give you a new card. So don't forget to register your card online for their member's only perks and promos! There you can also track your earnings. Otherwise you are good to go.

     But unlike Starbucks, CBTL has limited tumblers to choose from. I would say their tumblers are boring, no personality, I beg you CBTL if ever you read this. MAKE BETTER TUMBLERS! I for one am on the crazy spend your money on cute tumblers. Even if I have a dozen already. You can't have too many tumblers! Since I always bring water with me whenever I go out, it becomes a good investment or not! It's just my excuse. But really I love standing in front of Starbucks tumbler rack. It is also a good marketing strategy for saving some bucks and also for saving the environment, which would lessen plastic and paper waste a lot. Just imagine how many cups are used everyday by coffee buffs. A little truly goes a long way.

3 comments:

  1. truly those two flavors of CBTL are the best! from the first moment i tried them, i never ordered anything else :) Im not a coffee drinker so these are a great substitute just in terms of being a study buddy and not in terms of the caffeine content. I like my matcha green tea latte hot when studying. beats the coldness of the coffe shop :) but i will try it ice blended next time when im just relaxing and happen to pass by a CBTL :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried their hot matcha green tea because of my previous encounter with another coffee joint's hot matcha! Haha it tasted weird, is it any good? :) long live matcha people! Haha

      Delete
  2. truly those two flavors of CBTL are the best! from the first moment i tried them, i never ordered anything else :) Im not a coffee drinker so these are a great substitute just in terms of being a study buddy and not in terms of the caffeine content. I like my matcha green tea latte hot when studying. beats the coldness of the coffe shop :) but i will try it ice blended next time when im just relaxing and happen to pass by a CBTL :))))

    ReplyDelete

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...