Monday, June 23, 2014

Nanbantei of Tokyo : Grilled to perfection!

Taguig is such a beautiful place to be. It has all the glits and glamour one can ever ask for. 
  • Luxurious malls and boutiques
  • Hot and gorgeous people walking around
  • Cute pets in their tiny little outfits
  • Heart pumping sports cars 
  • and most of all they have the most mouth watering and wallet emptying restaurants in the metro!

That is why in the heart of this little place, lives NANBANTEI OF TOKYO, where they specialize in something oh so familiar to us Filipino's : IHAW

Such a good word "ihaw" is. I am all about a good bbq on a stick. Especially one with a ton of fat on the end! I could gobble it up like a hound dog unfed for a month! (Yes, I eat like a mad man.)

So back to the grilling and less with the gory details..

Speaking of bbq.. Let us start off with my favorite. 

Good old Mr. Pork Bbq! Such a fine gentleman, he has the perfect qualities every lady would want! Very tender and juicy! Grilled to perfection! Too bad servings here come in 3's or 2's. And what about piggy people like me? Don't fret my fellow meat lovers! You can always order more! 

PORK GARLIC YAKI
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P130
And I love it as much as I love bbq's on the streets, but of course this is better because it is for sure.. CLEAN!!


Well I'm gonna correct myself. I don't love just any bbq on the street, it is just one street to be exact. Banawe Quezon City. Hallelujah! They have some fine bbq grilling there. I can eat like 10 bbq's in one sitting. I'll blog about that if I ever go that way again.

But even if those were good, they are still far from what NANBANTEI is. Nanbantei is like a nesting doll! You know those Russian dolls that is one on top of the other?! Endless supply of wonder!

POTETO MAKI
(I DID NOT SPELL THAT WRONG, THAT IS HOW IT IS SPELLED ON THE MENU)
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P 100
Speaking of wonder. Look!! Even their potatoes have its own jacket of bacon. Ooh the warm fuzzy feeling I am getting right now!

Imagine if McDonald's have this! Ooooh the grease. But good thing they are grilled!

TEBASAKI
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P 120
And dang, we all know chickens can't fly, but still thank god they still have wings! Or else we would be missing out on some great chicken parts!

NEGIMA
(combination of chicken with leeks)
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P110
When there are chicken wings, there surely will be chicken skewers, which to me feels like fish, the meat just slides off and goes all around your mouth!

SHIITAKE MUSHROOM SALAD
P 180
AND if you don't eat meat, GOOD NEWS! You need not starve yourself or stare at the other wild carnivores around you. Coz they do have some healthy salads for you to choose from and some grilled veggies too like :
  • NEGI (leeks)
  • ASPARA YAKI (asparagus)
  • SHISHITOUU (Japanese green pepper)
  • SHIIKTAKE (Japanse mushrooms)
  • CORN (sweet corn on the cob)
  • TOFU (bean curd)

This was how the salad looked like before it had dressing all over it!

ASPARA MAKI
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P 100
But people like me think that veggies are toxic. (Which they are not kids!) They are actually good for your health and when wrapped tightly with pork. It becomes the crowned jewel every child (like me) wants! Don't be scared that the inside is all green.

EBI TEMPURA
P 350
But no visit in a Japanese restaurant will be complete without my tempura. I am no Japanese. Well not to my knowledge but when a menu has tempura.
  • It is a done deal. 
  • No discussions will be made or consultations.
  • It will be ordered
Their tempura was superbly cooked and they were generous with the pieces! And I almost finished the whole plate. Whoops!

SHRIMP WITH BACON
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P 270
Shrimp and bacon? Anyone who doesn't like bacon is weird. I can imagine people not liking shrimps because they are allergic or for some other reason, but when one doesn't like bacon. There is just something so wrong with that person. Be warned. Even my mom who hates fat loves bacon.

YAKIJAKE
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P220
Now that we are in the seafood department. I cannot help but notice that they almost have a page dedicated to salmon alone (by almost I mean like 4 or 5 things). And if you have been here on my blog a few times. Salmon is like taking baths for me. Yes baths, it is kind of hard to live without it, even if you won't necessarily die without it. You get my point.

Salmon to me is like salmon to grizzly bears! I can't help it, even if there truly is

"too many fish in the sea to miss one."-karmin

Yes, but if salmons disappears. I will miss it. I will notice it! And there is hell to pay!

Their YAKIJAKE a.k.a. "SALMON BELLY" just made my love for salmon grow ever so so much! You really have to try it to know what I am saying.

Word of advice, if you like BANGUS BELLY. OMGEEEEE, this is definitely better in every way you can imagine!

NAMAJAKE SUMI YAKI
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P300

But aside from the salmon belly, they also have NAMAJAKE SUMI YAKI, which is just basically SALMON wrapped with BACON. Just basically!? What I am I talking about?! It is wonderful. Hello!

Well to be honest, I like just liked the belly better because I found this a little dry inside. Was it because of the grilling? I am not sure..

But to the bacon man/person, this would be a billion miles better.

They also have this SHAKE KUSHI YAKI (P110) which is grilled salmon balls with teriyaki sauce! I bet it would be like a better version of takoyaki balls because of the salmon. ^^,

They also have another salmon thingie which is SHAKE KABUTO YAKI (P360) which is grilled salmon head in lay man's term, I love salmon, but I will not feast on something's head. That is just rude. Haha

SO!! Are you aching to get to Nanbantei soon and fast??? 

If I were you, I would be!


SHIITAKE RICE
P 100
BUT... I ain't done yet.

We/rice lovers all know that these yakitori's would be hard to eat without rice and Nanbantei have like more than 5 different rices to choose from.
  • GOHAN (P65) which is your basic plain rice (LOL)
  • SHIITAKE RICE (P100) which is shiitake mushrooms with nori strips on plain rice
  • YAKI ONIGIRI (P85) which is their yummy grilled riceballs
  • I have no photo of the ONIGIRI (P85), but I saw one and it looked epic. It looked like those tiny triangle korean rice thingies but its got either pickled plum, bonito flakes or SALMON!


And no feast is complete without a fruit shake! STRAWBERRY SHAKE!

But the next dish is just for the brave hearts because not everyone can eat..T.O.N.G.U.E... Because I have been there before and I know what some of you are thinking. But seriously! Once you don't think about what it really is. You'll like it. Try it at least once in your life and try it here!

GYU-TAN
a.k.a. OX TONGUE
(only 2 sticks per order-ala carte)
P 170
Look! It doesn't look half bad right? Give the fella a chance!

If you love to eat with your friends and family. Their set meals and platters would probably interest you most. Coz it did interest me! (that means it is really catchy!)


I am like crazy full at that point, but dessert is like vital for my survival. I have to take it or else some part of me will weaken and I'ld stumble and die. Which would be tragic.

COFFEE JELLY
P 120
So this dessert has always bothered me why so many people love it. One bite and I knew why. It was just Marvellous!! And the vanilla ice cream on top is just creamy good!

But no meal will be complete without my favorite dessert!!

GREEN TEA ICE CREAM!!!!!! (P100)


And that people is the end of my gluttonous meal!

But there is so much more in store for you!

IF YOU HAVE BEEN DROOLING SALIVA FOR THE PAST FEW MINUTES

I'M GLAD TO SAY THAT IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH..

YOU MIGHT JUST GET 

"THE BIB" 
a.k.a
GIFT CHECKS!!

Sounds food, oops! Sound good right!?!

STAY TUNED

While I figure it out.. Now I leave you with

  • Follow them at Twitter : Nanbantei_PH
  • and of course! Instagram : nanbantei_ph


Branches :

  • Greenbelt 3 : 3/F
  • Bonifacio High Street : Upper ground floor. Besides Village Tavern and Across Jamba Juice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...