Saturday, August 17, 2013

Ramen madness at Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen

   If you haven't been to Shangri-La Plaza in Mandaluyong for a while now. You will be in for a great surprise, because the long awaited east wing is finally open, but the stores aren't completely open yet, but horay for people who love to shop because there are a number of new stores to choose from.

     After a long stroll around the main mall, I finally spotted the "hidden entrance" to the new wing or at least that is what I call it because it wasn't easy to spot. It was so cold thanks to the new air conditioners! So, I thought of eating something hot. While walking around I saw several new restaurants. What caught my eye was Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen. It is located at the 5th floor of their east wing. JACKPOT!! Hot soup and compared to the restaurants beside it which were totally deserted, there were loads of people inside, we even had to wait a couple of minutes. I was thinking that food here must be great. As always I went with the Chef's Recommendation. Good thing about this place is that there are several specialties. Since my dad wanted the normal ramen, he ordered their special blended soy sauce base topped with special half boiled egg known as Ajitama Tonkotsu. It was superb! Dad was happy :)


Ajitama Tonkotsu (P380)



     When dining I always feel like it is weird ordering the same food as someone else from our table. I went a bit adventurous and tried their Black Garlic Tonkotsu that it is made of tonkotsu soup with special roast garlic. The photo wasn't appealing at all,  it scared me a little bit because it looked black (squid ink scare much?), but good thing when the food came, it was just brown. For me it never hurts to be a little bit adventurous when it comes to food, because how would you know if it is good or not if you have never tried it.


Black Garlic Tonkotsu (P380)


     Compared to other Ramen Joints I think they have quite a few selctions for appetizer, main entree and dessert. Their ramen price ranges from (P280 - P400), other food entry for less than (P200) which is fairly affordable. By far they have 2 branches, one is in Sm Aura at the 2nd floor and of course Shangri-La plaza at the 5th floor

     What are you waiting for? Go and check out Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen! Happy eating guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other things that might interest you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...